Certification and Recertification Program
The American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine (AAOM) Prolotherapy (RIT) Certification Program has been developed to provide physicians the opportunity to quantify their experience and education and training in Prolotherapy (RIT). The AAOM Certification is awarded to Physicians that document their experience and completion of training as defined in the “Requirements” section of the program. A Certificate will be awarded to acknowledge completion of the AAOM requirements for Certification. In addition to the Certificate, for Members of the AAOM who elect to do so, a notice will be placed on the AAOM Website on-line Directory designating the individual as Certified in Prolotherapy (RIT).
The American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine rationale in developing the Certification Program is to recognize those physicians that have made the effort to develop their skill in prolotherapy through appropriate coursework and with broad experiential training in Prolotherapy (RIT). The AAOM therefore recognizes only those Candidates for Certification that have attained the full measure of the AAOM requirements. Requirements for American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine RIT/Prolotherapy Certification are included below:
- Maintain active membership in the AAOM.
- Recommendation of two other Physicians, one of which is an active member of AAOM.
- A current active state license (M.D., D.O., D.D.S., D.P.M., N.D.).
- To apply for Certification you must have:
- Attendance at 2 out of the last 4 AAOM Annual meetings
- 100 required course hours (Category 1Credit) from AAOM programs or approved equivalency courses (see Approved Provider List below)
- Candidates must have three years experience in the practice of RIT/Prolotherapy.
Certification Fee structure
- Certification fee of $500.00
- Application fee of $50.00
- Recertification is required every 5 years.
- Continued active membership in AAOM
- Attendance at one AAOM sponsored educational event per year
- 100 total hours (Category 1 Credit) of AAOM courses/equivalents (Post certification) in 5 years
Recertification Fee structure
Recertification fee of $250.00(The American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine Certification of Prolotherapy (RIT) indicates the participant has completed the above learning activity and length of practice requirements. This Certification does not certify the physician’s ability, expertise, skills, or knowledge of Prolotherapy(RIT).
Download The Certification Application