Opportunities for Research
Prolotherapy is a research-based field of medicine. A variety of completed studies are available here. For a full list of current research opportunities or to discuss possible research options, please contact Dr. Reeves.
The following listing of research (in process and in preparation) gives a flavor of what type of low-cost (but high-impact) research options are available.
● Inexpensive preparation of platelet rich plasma (Beaver, Oregon). Primary investigator: Dr. Noel Peterson.
RESEARCH IN PRE-PUBLICATION PHASE (Co-Designed/Facilitated by Dr. Reeves)
● Effect of dextrose injection on knee cartilage (Rosario, Argentina). Primary investigator: Dr Gaston Topol.
● Treatment of rotator cuff dysfunction by dextrose injection (Vancouver, B.C., Canada). Primary investigator: Helene Bertrand.
● A study on how mannitol cream application may reduce pain. (Vancouver, B.C., Canada) Primary investigators Miguel Slullitel and Eziquiel Mailand.
● Injection of dextrose in the caudal epidural space: An alternative to steroid epidural (Hilo, Hawaii). Primary investigator: Dr. Liza Smigel.
RESEARCH IN PROCESS
● Deltoid-Triceps Entrapment Syndrome: Treatment by Dextrose Injection (Buenos Aries, Argentina). Primary investigators Miguel Slullitel and Ezequiel Mailand.
● Temporomandibular (jaw) dysfunction study (Hong Kong, China). Primary investigators: Dr. Regina Sit and Stanley K.H. Lam.
● Temporomandibular (jaw) dysfunction study (Invermere, B.C., Canada). Primary investigator: Dr. Francois Louw.
● Temporomandibular (jaw) dysfunction study (Buenos Aires, Argentina). Primary investigators: Drs. Miguel Zarate and Ricardo Frusso.